Retaining walls are beautiful and functional elements of quality hardscaping. Retaining walls can accent your landscaping and reduce erosion. Custom retaining walls help to round out your custom landscaping design and also protect your investments.
Why Should You Install a Retaining Wall?
Retaining walls serve a wide variety of purposes, including:
- Preventing soil erosion in your yard by supporting elevation changes throughout your property
- Increasing the stability of your home’s landscape
- Aesthetic reasons including tiered landscaping, unique landscape planting arrangements, and additional stone hardscaping
- Changing the functionality of your outdoor living space by sectioning off a patio area or creating a small garden area
- Edging a garden area in your yard to separate it from the rest of the area
- Creating an area for an outdoor kitchen or outdoor grill area
- Form a visually interesting curving garden around the length of your backyard or front yard
Trust Our Expertise
Retaining walls might look simple once they are installed, but they are incredibly complex to plan and map out. Maintaining and adjusting your grade during installation involves countless small details. A retaining wall is only effective if it is installed correctly in the right area, so trusting a professional with the job is critical. We take care of the site preparation and proper installation always considering grading and drainage along the way.
Retaining Wall Materials
Retaining wall designs are flexible and can be made to accent or coordinate with your other hardscaping, like patios or decks. Some of the most common retaining wall materials include classic bricks, natural stones, wood, patio pavers, and concrete. Depending on the slope of your yard and the requirements of your retaining wall, our landscape designers will help you choose the best material for the job.
- Segmental Wall block
- Natural Stone
- Not Just Retaining Walls!
Retaining walls serve as the perfect complement and base for other landscaping and hardscaping features for your yard. Many of our customers take advantage of our other expert services, including:
- Landscape Grading and Drainage
- Landscape Lighting
- Landscape Plantings
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Outdoor Grill Islands
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Outdoor Fire Pits
- Water Features
Retaining Walls from Carroll Landscaping
Carroll Landscaping has over 30 years of experience with hardscaping, hardscape installation, and custom landscape design. Our award-winning landscape designers are passionate about providing customers with top-notch service and landscape design. Our landscape designers have a creative design outlook and work as a team with our installation crews to make your vision a reality. We are committed to providing every customer with the highest quality workmanship, professional and knowledgeable service, and creativity in design in order to surpass our clients’ expectations in every aspect of the project.
We serve residents throughout the beautiful state of Maryland including Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City, Eldersburg, Clarksville, Sykesville, Manchester, Westminster, and Woodstock. For more information and to schedule a consultation with one of our expert designers, contact us online or give us a call at 410-922-2416.